Thursday, September 25, 2014

OCD and/or AR?

For those who know me well, you know I struggle with certain things on a daily basis. Not being on time, open doors, open cabinets, lagging computer programs; things like this are a daily struggle for me. I am much better than I was 20 years ago, but I can lose it if things don't go as they should. Here's how Wiki spells it out.

Anal Retentiveness

Not to be confused with constipation, Anal expulsiveness, or Anal stage.
The term anal retentive (also anally retentive), commonly abbreviated to anal,[1] is used to describe a person who pays such attention to detail that the obsession becomes an annoyance to others, potentially to the detriment of the anal-retentive person. The term derives from Freudian psychoanalysis.
See also,


  • Obsessive–compulsive personality disorder
  • Obsessive-compulsive disorder


  • My lovely and patient wife can attest to years of car trips with a MapQuest map; divided by state and showing exact times for crossing state borders, rest stops, fuel fill-ups, meals, and hotel check-in times. I am better at letting things out of their neat little stack, but I still like them there. This trip will give me complete and unadulterated opportunity to take my AR skill to it's full maximum.

    My buddy Chris Davidson will appreciate what I am posting below. This would be very typical for me, if it was totally my decision. Here's a sneak peak at what one of my days will look like on the road.

    Of course, I have Time Driven formulas in the spreadsheet, which take into account average driving speed and total miles. The average driving speed is adjustable and impacts all future days if it is adjusted. It gives me the opportunity to tweak my departure times to meet my other schedule needs.

    Wait, you say? What about stopping to smell the roses? I absolutely love to stop and smell the roses, on my schedule. I currently have about 30 sites that are on my must-see list. There are literally hundreds of places to stop and visit, on this trip, I'm going to hit some high spots that are on my must-see list. On my next trip, I'll catch others that I didn't see this time.

    That's it until next time.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment