Friday, October 31, 2014

Weather Forecast & Resources

The early weather forecast looks good, but cold. I'll definitely face a few nights in the 20's when traveling through New Mexico and Arizona. I'm about as prepared as I can be, hopefully my gear will take care of my sissy ass. I don't trust weather forecasters, but I can handle a little cold but would like to avoid heavy rain and/or snow. It is what it is, and I'll make the journey one way or another.

I wanted to include some of the great resources that I've used to put my little trip together.


Historic Route 66 - Forum has been great.
http://forum.historic66.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5894
They have a lot of frequent 66 travelers and the forum is very active.

Road Trip USA also has some great stuff.
http://www.roadtripusa.com/routes/route66/route66.html
Between the two sites, I was able to pull the majority of my information about places to visit, historic motels to spend the night, etc. There was also a lot of information about the many variations of Route 66 as it had grown, changed routes, then essentially replaced by the US Interstate system.

I'm looking forward to my trip west on The Mother Road and hope to be able to add to the great resources that are already available.

No comments:

Post a Comment