Wednesday, November 5, 2014

And so it begins.....

Any B5 fans out there get the title? Kosh
Oh well, that's my Sci-Fi nerd breaking out.

Texas is over 3 years in severe drought conditions, but of course it's raining on my departure day. Good news, it's about 50°F so not freezing cold. I am adjusting my plans slightly and starting a bit further west than my original intention, this allows me to miss a bit of the rain.
Today's journey is all about getting to 66 any way. I'll start my trip in earnest, Thursday morning.

Thursday will include 8 historic stops. I'll be stopping about every 30-45 minutes, with one exception. I hope that between bad hotel wifi and my mobile hotspot, I can make regular updates with semi-interesting photos.

All packed.














My beautiful wife has been patient, as I've been running around like the proverbial chicken.
I've only added about 10 things since I 'finished' my original packing. She has been slower than her usual active self after tweaking her SI joint on Sunday. She's doing better and hopefully will be near 100% when her girlfriend buddies arrive on Thursday.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment