Friday, November 14, 2014

Oatman, AZ to Santa Monica, CA - End of Route 66

Better late than never!

I left Oatman headed to Santa Monica just over a day behind schedule. My original plan was to hit a few key California 66 locations, but being behind schedule left me without the opportunity. Once I hit Needles, CA; I made a hard push to Santa Monica.

I was greeted at the California border with the Welcome to California sign.








Fuel prices are about 30% higher than my home state of Texas.
Welcome to California!
















My ride to the coast was uneventful and not fruitful, since I had to skip over the majority of 66 that California offers. That was disappointing, but I'll make it up next time.

I did make it to Santa Monica pier and the official end of Route 66.



The weather getting to Santa Monica couldn't have been better. No rain, a few cold mornings, but beautiful scenery and sunshine the entire trip. My minor incident near Glenrio and the linkage issue on the bike were the only setbacks on the trip.

I'm hoping to pull together a full Route 66 trip for 2016 and bring along some friends. Contact me if you're interested in being on the 2016 Route 66 on a Harley trip.

Thanks to those that followed my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment